Paying In and Taking Out Money
With our Account you can pay in cash, cheques, salary and benefits quickly and easily using any of the ways outlined here. To withdraw Cash simply look for ATM’s displaying the MasterCard® logo.
Paying Money In
- BACS Transfers: Regular payments such as your salary or benefits can be made by BACS transfer. Simply provide the payee your Account Number and Sort Code. BACS payments take 3 working days to clear into your Account.
- CHAPS and Faster Payments: Ad hoc payments that you need to clear into your Bank Account the same day if transferred before 5pm. All you need to provide is your Bank Account number and Sort Code.
- Your Wages and Income: When you open your Account, download, complete and pass to your employer our Wage Transfer Form to have your salary, wages or benefits paid into your account. From then on, your income can be paid directly into your Current Account by electronic transfer.
- Paying in Cash at Payzone: Pay cash into your Current Account free of charge at over 20,000 participating Payzone retail outlets and in the majority of cases, it will be credited to your account usually within 24 hours, provided it is paid in before 10.00pm.
Find your nearest Payzone outlet.
- Paying in at Barclays and other banks: Cash and cheques can be paid in free of charge over the counter at any branch of Barclays Bank, using our paying in slips. (cash and cheques paid in at Barclays take 7 full working days to clear, and will clear at 5pm on the 7th working day). You can also pay cash and cheques in over the counter at most high street banks but they will charge for this service and the clearing times will be the same.
You can withdraw up to £500 per day (in 2 x transactions of £250) from your Prepaid Card at any ATM showing the MasterCard® acceptance mark in the UK and abroad excluding Link ATM's. This is subject to sufficient funds being available on the Card. A 50p fee applies for each withdrawal in the UK. (£2.25 abroad). See Account Fees for details.
Find your nearest MasterCard® ATM
Paying Direct Debits and Standing Orders
With our Current Account you can set up and pay Direct Debits and Standing Orders as long as there are sufficient funds available in your Current Account.
Secure Trust Bank won’t charge you for bounced Direct Debits or Standing Orders.
Find out more about paying your bills by Direct Debit or Standing Order