Online security is of the utmost importance to us. When you open your Secure Trust Bank Current Account with us, you will recieve a unique customer number and a unique single use password to access your Internet Banking for the first time. You will be prompted to choose a new password.
If your Prepaid Card is lost or stolen, report it straightaway using our internet banking service or by calling our 24-hour automated telephone system on 08451 117 117.*
Internet Bank Security
Bank Safe Online, a Government-backed organisation which deals with banking security, offers a number of tips to help banking customers avoid scams and bank safely online:
- Remember your password and other security information; destroy your PIN notification or other security information as soon as you receive it
- Never use the same word for your memorable word and password
- Never write down or record your password or other security information
- Keep your password and other security information secret at all times; never reveal to family or friends
- Use a different password for your internet banking service than you do for any non-banking sites
- Never leave your computer unattended when logged in to internet banking
- Always ensure that you log out properly when you have finished with your internet banking service
*Our 24/7 telephone and internet banking service may be briefly suspended for routine maintenance in the early hours of the morning.