To apply for an account, you must have a UK current account in your name to use as your Nominated Account.
This will be the account you use to make payments in and out of this account, so it's important that your Nominated Account uses an identical account number and sort code for money in and money out.
- 30 day notice period
- Withdrawals can be made during the term of the account with 30 days notice
- Maximum of 4 interest withdrawals per calendar year
- Maximum of 3 capital withdrawals per calendar year
- Interest paid quarterly on 31 March, 30 June, 30 September and 31 December
- Statements will be issued quarterly
- Minimum £1,000 initial deposit
- Minimum £1,000 for each subsequent deposit
- Minimum operating balance £1,000
- Maximum account balance £1,000,000 (excluding credit interest)
- Maximum aggregate balance across all accounts held for Personal Customers is £1,000,000
- Account can be managed by Internet Banking or phone
- Minimum deposit must be made within 30 days of opening the account
Pros and cons
- Usually higher interest than easy-access accounts
- Manage your account online or by phone
- No instant access to your money
- Interest rate is variable - could increase or decrease
Certified savings champions
We're proud winners of multiple awards, including Best Savings Provider.
30 Day Notice Account (11.Jun.2020)
0.60% AER* / 0.60% gross pa
Interest is calculated daily and applied on 31 March, 30 June, 30 September and 31 December. You can choose to have your interest added to your Notice Account or paid away to your Nominated Account.
Yes, we can vary your interest rate. We will notify you as per your Terms and Conditions - please see clause 13 of the General Terms and Conditions for more information.
Your estimated balance would be £1,006.00 after 12 months based on a deposit of £1,000.
This is for illustrative purposes only, does not take into account individual circumstances and makes the following assumptions:
- Your initial deposit is paid into the Account when it is opened
- No further deposits are made
- No withdrawals are made
To open an account you must:
- Be 18 or over
- Reside in the UK
- Have a minimum deposit of £1,000
The minimum operating balance for personal accounts is £1,000, and the maximum aggregate balance across all accounts held is £1,000,000.
How to open the account and pay in:
- You must apply for the product online via the application link
- Deposits must be from your Nominated Account by electronic payment
- If we cannot electronically verify that funds have been sent from an account in your name, they will be returned
- Each deposit into the account must be a minimum of £1,000
- This account is only available to personal customers
How to manage the account:
Accounts are managed by Internet Banking or telephone on 0345 111 7092.
If you are looking to transfer the balance of an existing Secure Trust Bank Notice Account to this account, you must serve the notice period required.
Please note that your new account must be funded with the initial minimum deposit within 30 days of opening the account, or the account will close and you will not be able to transfer your balance.
Withdrawals can only be made by giving us 30 days' notice. You cannot withdraw your funds earlier than this. There are no penalties for making withdrawals.
The maximum number of interest withdrawals allowed in any calendar year is 4, the maximum number of capital withdrawals allowed in any calendar year is 3.
Any interest earned will be paid gross; we will not deduct tax from interest accrued on your savings. Tax treatment may be subject to change in the future. For more information, please visit HMRC at www.gov.uk
This is a strictly limited issue and can be withdrawn at any time. We will not contact you to let you know when the Account is withdrawn.
The following services are subject to a charge:
- Duplicate statement £5 / item
- Payment requested by CHAPS £20 / item
- BACS recall £30 / item
- BACS trace £15 / item