The SME Finance Charter
We are a signatory of the Government’s SME Finance Charter and have made commitments under five key headings to support our SME customers through the challenges of the pandemic and beyond.
We’re open for business and ready to lend
- Secure Trust Bank continues to grow net lending to UK businesses and is committed to continue that growth both short term and in the future
- We offer a full range of working capital and real estate finance products
- We are a relationship focused bank and our regionally based relationship managers tailor the financing to meet the needs of the customer putting their interests first and supporting the UK’s economy
We’ll help you build back better after Covid-19
- As a specialist lender, our customers have dedicated regionally based relationship managers who are actively engaged in helping customers build back better after the pandemic
- We have increased our product set to meet SME demand for working capital and offer full Asset Based Lending capabilities, including Invoice Finance, Stock Finance, Cash Flow Finance, Vehicle Stock Funding and the Government-guaranteed loan schemes.
- We provide funding in support of UK house builders and property investors but we do not provide transactional or business current accounts to SMEs
We’ll support your application and signpost other options if needed
- Every SME customer seeking finance from Secure Trust Bank is dealt with by a dedicated regionally based relationship manager who works with the customer through every stage of the lending process to ensure they are aware of the process and information required to support their application
We’ll treat you fairly at all times
- We are committed to working with our customers through a range of challenges and situations which may adversely affect their ability to trade or to meet their financial commitments.
- Our Commercial Finance Business is an active member of the UK Finance trade body and is committed to the Invoice Finance and Asset Based Lending framework
We’ll work with the Government-owned British Business Bank (BBB) to support SMEs
- We proactively work with the British Business Bank to assist existing and new business customers to access our products, including through the use of Government-guaranteed loan schemes promoted by the British Business Bank
- When our product set cannot meet the needs of customers or further information is required we will direct customers to alternative sources including the British Business Bank Finance Hub and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales Business Finance Guide