Guide to Fixed Rate Bonds
Looking for a safe way to invest? Enjoy exceptional interest rates by locking your money away.
Pros and cons
- Guaranteed return on your savings
- Manage your account online or via the app
- Higher interest rates than other savings accounts
- You can’t withdraw money before the term ends
- If interest rates increase you won't benefit
How they work
You can pay into your account by electronic payment from your Nominated Account.
If we cannot electronically verify that funds have been sent from an account in your name, they will be returned.
We have made paying in simple - just send a payment to the account number and sort code provided, and use your name for the payee. The reference can be anything you choose, such as your name or Secure Trust Bank.
- BACS transfers will reach your Secure Trust Bank account within three working days from the transaction date
- Faster Payments should be in your account within 24 hours
- Your current account provider will be able to check the details you provide using the Confirmation of Payee service to ensure your funds are going to the correct account
You can only access your money once the fixed term ends. We will contact you before this happens.
To open an account you’ll need a Nominated Account. This must be a UK current account that we can electronically verify is in your name.
You’ll use this account to make payments as well as accept withdrawals and interest payments, so it's important that your Nominated Account uses an identical account number and sort code for money in and money out.
Enjoy the flexibility of all-hours access to your account when you register for Internet Banking.
Statements are provided via Internet Banking, with the ability to download and print or the option to change to paper if required.