Please read the Terms & Conditions before applying
Pros and cons
- Access your money without notice
- Manage your account online
- Maximum deposit of £85,000
- Interest rate is variable - could increase or decrease
This account has limited availability and can be withdrawn at any time.
To apply for an account, you must have a UK current account in your name to use as your Nominated Account.
This will be the account you use to make payments in and out of this account, so it's important that your Nominated Account uses an identical account number and sort code for money in and money out.
- Variable Rate Access Account
- Account can be managed by Internet Banking or by phone
- Minimum £1,000 deposit must be made within 30 days of opening the account
- Minimum £1,000 operating balance
- Electronic payments only; cheques not accepted
- Maximum £85,000 account balance (excluding credit interest)
- Maximum £1,000,000 aggregate balance across all accounts held (excluding credit interest)
- Unlimited withdrawals can be made to your Nominated Account without notice
- Interest paid monthly into a Nominated Account or credited to this account
- Statements issued quarterly
- Statements are provided via Internet Banking, with the ability to download and print or the option to change to paper if required
Why choose Secure Trust
You want a financial services provider you can trust. To help you make an informed decision, here's some of the reasons why Secure Trust Bank may be the right place for you and your money:
- Award winning products and customer service
- Friendly, UK-based call centre
- Listed on the London Stock Exchange since 2011
- Well-capitalised and profitable
- Customer deposits protected by the FSCS
Certified savings champions
We're proud winners of multiple awards, including Best Savings Provider.
Access Account (Issue 6)
What is the interest rate?
3.10% AER* / 3.06% gross pa
Interest is calculated daily and applied at the end of each month. You can choose to have your interest added to your account or paid away to your Nominated Account.
Can Secure Trust Bank change the interest rate?
Yes, we can vary your interest rate. We will notify you as per your Terms and Conditions - please see clause 13 of the General Terms and Conditions for more information.
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit?
Your estimated balance would be £1,031.00 based on a deposit of £1,000 after 12 months
This is for illustrative purposes only, does not take into account individual circumstances and makes the following assumptions:
- Your initial deposit is paid into the Account when it is opened
- No further deposits are made
- No withdrawals are made
How do I open and manage my account?
To open an account you must:
- Be 18 or over
- Reside in the UK
- Have a minimum deposit of £1,000
- Have a maximum deposit of £85,000
The minimum operating balance for personal accounts is £1,000, and the maximum balance for the account, excluding credit interest applied to the account, is £85,000. The maximum aggregate balance across all accounts held is £1,000,000.
How to open the account and pay in:
- You must apply for the product online via the application link
- Deposits must be from your Nominated Account by electronic payment; cheques are not accepted
- If we cannot electronically verify that funds have been sent from an account in your name, they will be returned
- Each deposit into the account must be a minimum of £1,000
- This account is only available to personal customers
How to manage the account:
Accounts are managed by Internet Banking or telephone on 0345 111 7092.
Statements are provided via Internet Banking, with the ability to download and print or the option to change to paper if required.
Please note that your new account must be funded with the initial minimum deposit within 30 days of opening the account, or the account will close.
Can I withdraw money?
Yes, you can make unlimited withdrawals to your Nominated Account. You can do this via Internet Banking or calling our Customer Service team.
Withdrawals can be made without providing notice. Instructions received by 2pm will be processed on the same business day. Instructions received after 2pm or on a non-business day will be processed on the next business day.
Any interest earned will be paid gross; we will not deduct tax from interest accrued on your savings. Tax treatment may be subject to change in the future. For more information, please visit HMRC at www.gov.uk
This is a strictly limited issue and can be withdrawn at any time. We will not contact you to let you know when the account is withdrawn.
The following services are subject to a charge:
- Duplicate statement £5 / item
- Payment requested by CHAPS £20 / item
- BACS recall £30 / item
- BACS trace £15 / item