Trouble completing the online application
If you're having difficulty completing our online application, please call 0330 303 0090. One of our friendly team will take details of your application over the phone.
Our opening times are as follows:
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Saturday 9am to 1pm
We're closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays
Before you call
Please make sure you've read the following:
When you call
To apply for an account, we will need:
- Details of a UK current account in your name to use as your Nominated Account. This will be the account you use to make payments in and out of this account. It's important that it uses an identical account number and sort code for money paid in and out
- Your UK address and postcode - we'll need these details for the last three years
- Your email address
- Your phone number
Pros and cons
- Guaranteed return on your savings
- Manage your account online or by phone
- Higher interest rates than other savings accounts
- You can't withdraw money before the term ends
- If interest rates increase you won't benefit
This account has limited availability and can be withdrawn at any time.
To apply for an account, you must have a UK current account in your name to use as your Nominated Account.
This will be the account you use to make payments in and out of this account, so it's important that your Nominated Account uses an identical account number and sort code for money in and out.
- Fixed Rate Bond
- Limited availability - we may withdraw at any time
- Closing date for funds is 30 days from the account opening. We may close applications before this date
- No withdrawals can be made during the term of the bond
- Fixed maturity date as noted within the product terms and conditions
- Interest paid annually
- Interest paid into a Nominated Account or credited to the Bond
- Statements will be issued annually
- Electronic payments only; cheques not accepted
- Minimum deposit £1,000
- Minimum £1,000 for each subsequent deposit
- Maximum account balance £1,000,000 (excluding credit interest)
- Maximum aggregate balance across all accounts held for Personal Customers is £1,000,000 (excluding credit interest)
- Account can be managed by Internet Banking or by phone
- Statements are provided via Internet Banking, with the ability to download and print or the option to change to paper if required
- At maturity and unless instructed otherwise, funds will transfer into a Matured Funds Access Account
Why choose Secure Trust
You want a financial services provider you can trust. To help you make an informed decision, here's some of the reasons why Secure Trust Bank may be the right place for you and your money:
- Award winning products and customer service
- Friendly, UK-based call centre
- Listed on the London Stock Exchange since 2011
- Well-capitalised and profitable
- Customer deposits protected by the FSCS
Certified savings champions
We're proud winners of multiple awards, including Best Savings Provider.
2 Year Fixed Rate Bond (27.Dec.24)
Interest is calculated daily and applied on 31 December and on maturity. You can choose to have your interest added to your Fixed Rate Bond or paid away to your Nominated Account.
No, the interest rate is fixed. This means that the rate of interest payable on your account will remain the same from the time you open your account until the end of the fixed rate period.
Your estimated balance would be £1,093.07 based on a deposit of £1,000 after 24 months.
This is for illustrative purposes only, does not take into account individual circumstances and makes the following assumptions:
- Your initial deposit is paid into the Bond when it is opened
- No further deposits are made
- Interest is added to your Bond
To open an account you must:
- Be 18 or over
- Reside in the UK
- Have a minimum deposit of £1,000
The minimum operating balance for personal accounts is £1,000, and the maximum aggregate balance across all accounts held is £1,000,000.
How to open the account and pay in:
- You must apply for the product online via the application link
- Deposits into the Bond must be from your Nominated Account by electronic payment; cheques are not accepted
- If we cannot electronically verify that funds have been sent from an account in your name, they will be returned
- Each deposit into the account must be a minimum of £1,000
- This account is only available to personal customers
How to manage the account:
Accounts are managed by Internet Banking or by telephone on 0345 111 7092.
Statements are provided via Internet Banking, with the ability to download and print or the option to change to paper if required.
Withdrawals are not permitted on this account.
The maturity date is 27 December 2024.
We will contact you prior to maturity to let you know your options.
At maturity, if you don't give us any instructions, we'll automatically transfer the money in this account to our Matured Funds Access Account. We'll send you details of the Matured Funds Access Account when we contact you before maturity.
Any interest earned will be paid gross; we will not deduct tax from interest accrued on your savings. Tax treatment may be subject to change in the future. For more information, please visit HMRC at www.gov.uk
This account is a strictly limited issue and can be withdrawn at any time. Once withdrawn, there is a limited window to make any deposits and any funds received after this time will be returned to you. We will not contact you to let you know when the Fixed Rate Bond is withdrawn.
The following services are subject to a charge:
- Duplicate statement £5 / item
- Payment requested by CHAPS £20 / item
- BACS recall £30 / item
- BACS trace £15 / item